Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 26 October 2023 – Mark your calendars, set your goals, and get ready for the seventh edition of the Dubai Fitness Challenge (DFC).
Offering an action-packed 30-day calendar of free sporting events, villages, community hubs, classes, and activities, DFC 2023 is taking place from Saturday 28 October to Sunday 26 November. The flagship fitness initiative from His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai, aims to help transform Dubai into the world’s most active city by encouraging everyone to commit to 30 minutes of exercise every day for 30 days.
Want to know more? Here are ten reasons why you should take the challenge and get involved in this year’s Dubai Fitness Challenge:
- DFC is for everyone: DFC 2023 is all about inclusivity and encourages everyone, regardless of age or fitness level, to get involved and try new sports. From seasoned athletes to those just starting out on their fitness journey, everyone is welcome.
- Support Dubai’s transformation into a global hub of vitality: By participating in DFC, you’ll be contributing to Dubai’s mission to become the world’s most active city. Your commitment to 30 minutes of daily exercise for 30 days can create a healthier, more active community.
- Enjoy access to world-class fitness infrastructure: Since DFC’s debut in 2017, Dubai has seen remarkable growth in its sports facilities and sporting events. The city now boasts a vast array of free outdoor workout areas, extensive trails for running and cycling, and much more, making fitness both accessible and affordable.
- Explore a diverse range of activities: DFC offers a myriad of fitness villages, community hubs, events, classes, and activities to support everyone’s 30X30 goals, and best of all – they’re free to join. Whether you’re into yoga, cycling, running, or dancing, this year’s calendar is the most inclusive and diverse yet. Highlights include the DP World Kite Beach Fitness Village, RTA Mushrif Park Cycle Centre and the all-new Run and Ride Central, located at One Central. In addition, there will be 26 Community Fitness Hubs plus more than 1,000 fitness classes and activities at gyms across the city.
- Be part of iconic events: Don’t miss out on flagship events like Dubai Ride, presented by DP World, and Dubai Run, presented by Mai Dubai, where you can cycle or run past Dubai’s iconic landmarks along Sheikh Zayed Road. Furthermore, adidas and Les Mills will host the ‘Largest HIIT Workout’ – a Guinness World Record™ attempt that will offer a truly unforgettable experience. There will also be Dubai Stand-Up Paddle, presented by RTA, in stunning Hatta, offering an unforgettable day of fitness and wellness, including training sessions, a mass challenge event and serene sunset yoga. This year’s DFC will also feature the Mai Dubai City Half Marathon and the third Dubai Padel Cup – a month-long celebration of all-things padel with community tournaments and free coaching sessions in some of the best clubs across the city.
- Customise your challenge and do things YOUR WAY: From popular sports like football and tennis to innovative new trends like aerial yoga and paddleboarding, DFC offers something for every age and ability. You have the freedom to choose how you hit your 30-minute daily exercise goal so whether you prefer a leisurely park walk, a revitalising swim, or an intense gym session, the power to shape your fitness journey rests firmly in your hands.
- Explore a whole host of new events: DFC 2023 takes fitness to new heights with a range of brand-new events, including the inaugural Dubai South Run and Ride events, centred around the Dubai South district, which promise a unique fitness experience. This year’s edition will also feature various activations centred around cricket and the ICC Cricket World Cup, bringing together the fervour of this world-class sport and community fitness. The iconic AURA Skypool will also host a pulse-racing triathlon where participants will row 3km on a static machine, pedal 3km on a stationary bike, and finish with a mesmerising 250m swim around the 360-degree infinity pool, all from 200m in the air.
- Access exclusive fitness deals: DFC is partnering with gyms and fitness studios to offer hundreds of free exercise classes. Plus, you’ll get exclusive deals on fitness and wellness apps to keep you motivated throughout the challenge.
- Be part of a global fitness community committed to positive change: DFC is not just a month-long fitness challenge; it unites friends, families, visitors, colleagues, and communities while promoting an active lifestyle. Dubai stands alone as the world’s only city offering a month-long fitness activation of this scale, open and free to all.
- Transform your health and fitness: DFC has helped millions of people to transform their fitness and wellbeing over the last six years by motivating them to embrace a healthier lifestyle. It is not merely a 30-day commitment; it extends an invitation to integrate fitness into your daily life and adopt lasting health habits. Even as the challenge concludes on Sunday 26 November, the fitness journey continues. Participants are encouraged to explore Dubai’s myriad fitness options, join local fitness clubs, utilise free facilities, and continue pursuing sports they discovered during DFC. Small lifestyle changes adopted during DFC, whether it’s healthier eating or making more active choices, are encouraged to be maintained. Embrace habits such as taking the stairs, opting for nutritious meals, and dedicating time to mental health and well-being.
Register for the Dubai Fitness Challenge 2023 at www.dubaifitnesschallenge.com and be the change you want to see in yourself and your city. Dubai is waiting for you to take the first step towards a healthier and more active future!
The Dubai Fitness Challenge is organised by Dubai’s Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) and Dubai Sports Council; with Presenting Partners DP World, Dubai South, Mai Dubai, and Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA); Association Partners Sun and Sand Sports, Blue, Dubai Chambers, Emirates Airline, Emirates NBD, Etisalat by E&, La Roche Posay, MIRA Developments, Mubadala Health, Optimum Nutrition, talabat, Shamal – Kite Beach and Emaar; Official Partners Aster Hospitals, Clinics and Pharmacy, Arabian Automobiles Co, Cigna, Emarat, Lipton, SIRO and TechnoGym; Media Partner Arabian Radio Network (ARN); and Government Partners Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services, Event Security Committee, Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), Dubai Municipality, Dubai Police, and Emirates Schools Establishment.